Tuesday was the start of fall – my second favourite season of the year. I took my boots to the shoe repair to get them ready and thought: “I don’t spend time really thinking about what to do with my hair for the season.”
Yes, I actually thought that.
I am scheduled to get my hair braided on October 31 and I’m hoping that those braids will last until the first week of January. Then, if I can find a wig – I’m still on the hunt, people. Any ideas are welcomed! – I’ll wear it for a couple of weeks until my next braid appointment sometime in mid-January.
While the braids are great and I’m looking forward to gaining some more length because I won’t be over-manipulating my hair, there will some time before I put the braids in this fall and a couple of weeks in the deep, dark, doldrums of winter where my hair will be exposed. Even when it’s under a wig, I still have to take care of it. So, these will be the products I’ll use over the fall and early winter. I’ll reassess in January when I take the braids out.
(Italicized products mean I will be trying them out this fall)
- Suave Naturals – any scent
- Tresemmé Healthy Volume
- Herbal Essences’ Long Term Relationship
- Castile moisturizing shampoo
- My black soap mix
- Country Rose Natural Liquid Shampoo in Spring Blossom
- Kiss My Face Whenever conditioner
- Blended Beauty Curl Quenching conditioner
- L’Oreal EverPure Smooth Conditioner Rosemary Mint*
- Elasta QP DPR-11
- Miss Key’s 10 en 1
- L’Oreal EverPure Smooth Deep Control Masque*
- Infusium 23 Leave-in
- My super moisturizer (my butter and oils mixture)
- Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles
- Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment
- Castor oil & extra virgin olive oil
*I don’t support L’Oreal because this summer they were found guilty of racial discrimination in France. Pretty much, they didn’t want women of colour selling their products. That, to me, is not cool. So why am I trying out their products? Well, I got them free at The Ex this year. I have something against L’Oreal, but I have nothing against freeness. This is the reason why I’ll try their products out, but I will not be purchasing once it’s gone.
I’ll keep you updated on how it goes!