Valentine’s Day isn’t a big deal for me and The Hubby — we let each other know that we love each other daily. So today isn’t any different than last week Monday. But in honour of Valentine’s Day, I’ve listed some of the love songs that I think set the mood.
When I say love songs, I mean romantic songs. For a moment, I thought, Chris Brown’s No BS is a hot song, but it’s so not romantic. LOL! Oh! I’m listing songs from the last 20 years – no offense to the oldies. For those of you having special nights tonight, you still have time to download the list 🙂 Make sure to share your faves!
Here’s the list in no particular order:
- Say Yes – Floetry (I had to add this one – it was my garter song at my wedding. As the Hubby says, “it’s greasy!”)
- You – Raheem DeVaughn
- Angel of Mine – Monica
- 50 Candles – Boyz II Men
- Beauty – Dru Hill
- Rock Wit’cha – Bobby Brown
- Secret Garden – Quincy Jones
- You – Jesse Powell (Our first dance song)
- Feenin’ – Jodeci
- I’d Die Without You – P.M. Dawn
- Your Body’s Callin’ – R. Kelly
- Spend the Night – Al B. Sure (this song took me back to the ‘90s!)
- Summer Rain – Carl Thomas
- He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat) – Jill Scott
- Uhh Ahh – Boyz II Men (I was a HUGE BIIM fan back in the day!)
I know I’ve missed many – add your favourites!