The holidays are fast approaching! Anyone who knows me knows that I love the holiday season, so I start thinking about what I’m going to do around Christmas and New Years. This event popped into my inbox last week:
The event is being put on by a couple of groups: MOI, AfroChic, and iheartmyhair.com. Before the Tresses N’ Dresses, six women will be cutting off their relaxed hair, on film and in front of their friends and family. Toronto Natural Hair and Beauty Show organizer Stephanie Walker will speak and there will be a book signing session by Dr. Nadine Wong, author of What If Your Hair Could Speak What Would it Say? and CEO of Alabaster Wellness Clinic in Toronto.
Tresses N’ Dresses is the after-party for the big chop event and a chance for naturalistas to celebrate their natural hair. Get ready to walk the red carpet and let the paparazzi snap photos of you in your best.
Both events are happening on December 18 and you should dress to impress! Here are the details for the separate events.
- Where: 3228 Weston Rd. at Afro Girl Hair Design
- Time: 6:30 pm
- RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: Pay what you can — there will be a donation box
Tresses N’ Dresses
- Where: Pacha Lounge, 1305 Dundas St. West, Toronto
- Time: 10 pm
- RSVP: TressesNDresses@gmail.com or call 416-389-1996 or 647-865-2025
- Cost: $10 in advance, $20 at the door (Guests with tickets will be eligible to win a prize, if you pay your $20 at the door, no prize for you!)
Check the video:
It doesn’t take a lot of persuading for me to want to dress up and whip my hair! So, depending what family/social events are happening that weekend, you may find me in at the event, cracking jokes, sipping something and chatting about hair.
Nails done, hair done, everything did 😉