Hope everyone who celebrates Labour Day had a great, relaxing long weekend. Now we’re back to the grind – whether you’re in school or at work — saying ‘bye’ to all that summer fun.
Although summer is my favourite season and I’m sorry to see it go, fall runs a close second. For those of us in cooler climates, the weather gets colder, the trees begin to change colour and I can pull out my sweaters and boots (actually, I wore them on Saturday, it was mighty chilly outside). I love the cold weather until New Year’s Day — then I’m good to get back to the plus 28C that summer brings. Fall also brings a bunch of hair-related challenges: cold, dry weather, central heating, the need for hats that can break sensitive hair and more.
I’m hoping as summer simmers down and we go into fall that I’ll be sharing a lot more with you about my hair journey, not just sporadic updates.
Anyhow, I do have a couple of things to share with you over the next few weeks:
- My adventures in kinky twists. Yes, I twisted my own hair and it was a good experience.
- The Accidental Natural’s protective style challenge. Everyone has challenges, but I’m creating a challenge to suit my own hair’s needs.
- Review of the 2010 Toronto Natural Hair & Beauty Show
- My fall/winter regimen. It’s time for an update! Things have changed a lot since this summer – mainly, cutting down on the products that I use.
- My second nappyversary. How exciting!
- The Accidental Natural turns one! Doesn’t it seems just like yesterday when I started chronicling my hair journey?
It’s going to be an exciting fall season!