Ok. I owe pictures of my hair.
I owe product reviews of products I bought donkey years ago.
But, folks, my mind is clouded. Should I go ahead with my locs or just should I cut it all off?
My reasoning: my hair just isn’t feeling right. Not “oh, I need a protein treatment” wrong, but “damn! What the heck is up with my hair?!?!” wrong. I have a sneaking suspicion that my last trip to the salon did some real damage.
I don’t have the time to nurse it back to health, so I need to do something that I can manage. That means either stick with my plan to loc – although I’m concerned that my hair won’t look as good loc’d because I’m missing the thickness (hair’s dropping out) – or cut it off and start again with all the knowledge that I’ve gained over the years.
One good thing is that I’m not necessarily attached to my hair – thanks to experience, I know it will grow back.
So I’m at a crossroads: a red TWA or a head full of starter locs.
What’s a girl to do?
4 Comments Add yours
Great to read from you again. I say big chop. Then should you decide to loc you will be doing so on a healthy head of hair. I hope it all works out for you either way you decide to go.Take care.
Do both!!! Cut it all off and start some baby locs… after you dye it red!!!
Yes I agree, it’s good to read your posts again. In terms of doing the bc or loc, I say to the locs. If you don’t like those, you can still BC. I can’t wait to see your new look, whatever you decide. Take Care!
Why not unlock them?
Whoever does the locking for you, depending on how up to date they are may very well be hipped to the “unlocking” of locks, you’ll lose a lot of shed hair but not have to cut the length. It may be a long process though. But I would ask at least. ^^