Another crazy week, but things are settling down. For that, I’m extremely thankful and grateful to God! My sister and I are heading to Miami on Thursday to celebrate her birthday and I am going with my natural hair.
I’ve never traveled anywhere really hot and humid with my hair out. Last year, when I went to Barbados, I had my hair braided up. Now, with some length and some real knowledge of my hair and how to deal with it, I want to see how my hair reacts to tropical weather and high humidity (although, Toronto was extraordinarily hot and humid last week and my ‘fro dried up to a crisp). Because my scalp HATES sweat and Miami is going to be hot (the forecast for the weekend is high 80s and low 90s plus humidity), I know that I may have to wash my hair… although I would prefer not to.
Anyhoo, here are the products that I’m going to take with me:
- For co-washing: Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry conditioner (yes, I don’t co-wash regularly, but I washed my hair yesterday and I am going to wash it again on Wednesday. I don’t need to wash my hair and scalp with shampoo three times in one week. I may shove a mini shampoo bar in my suitcase, but I doubt I’ll use it.)
- For conditioning: EO Rose and Chamomile conditioner Moni just posted that I could mix my oil mix with my co-wash conditioner if I need a ‘conditioning boost’. So, I’ll leave this one at home.
- For moisture: Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Nikkele and Moni both suggested taking something heavier, so I’ll bring my Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter.
- For sealing: Castor oil and olive oil mix (also for the oil cleansing methods. I love when products are multi-purposed!)
- For styling: Eco-Styler Olive Oil gel (I broke down, y’all! I was in the beauty supply on Saturday morning and I saw a small jar for $1.99. How can you pass that up? Especially because I knew I was going to need something to style my hair over the weekend.)
- Tools: Jilbere shower comb, Denman brush, a couple of hair clips, four perm rods, my curly wig, a big ol’ bunch of bobby pins (I’ve decided to walk with my wig just in case my hair has a nervous breakdown after spending too many hours at the beach. If it does act up, I’ll just flat twist my hair and slap on my trusty wig after curling some hair at the front of my head for a few hours.
I would love to just rock a wash-n-go, but somehow I doubt that would be helpful. Regardless of hair, I plan to have a good ol’ time with sis, partying it up in the MIA. I’m hoping that LeBron, Wade and Bosh (I’m sorry to see Bosh go, but not sorry at the same time. I think that Toronto can put together a stronger team without Bosh in the mix. As for Turkoglu and Calderon, don’t let the door hit where God split you as you leave ACC) are still celebrating 😉
So readers, what do you recommend that I bring with me?